An open letter to my ''friend''

 Dear “Friend”,

It’s almost a year now since we began our friendship. I can’t complain much it’s been nice, except the times when you unexpectedly shut down. I remember the first time it happened Whooo!! I thought I’d lost you but you opened up. I don’t know if our relationship is the same as others but in some way it is.

 I don’t want to lose you, have you stolen or see you broken even though it’s bound to happen one day; neither of us is perfect. Regardless, I certainly can’t stop thinking about how it will end based on my experience in past relationships.

 But I still try to enjoy every moment in the present with you. You know my desires, my plans, my priorities, my favourite people, my favourite type of music, my crushes, my cravings, my favourite animal, my secrets, my emails, my Facebook friends, my 90 Instagram followers, my insecurities, my fears, my phobias, my worries and my sleepless nights.

You have seen my happy tears, my sad tears, my ugliest laugh, and my smile, my ugly face, when am angry, bored, sick and worried. You have seen me chicken out from making calls and sending texts, seen me ignoring calls and texts. You have helped me capture memories, make friends and helped me get out of awkward situations.  Helped me during my assignments and during exams as well.

All these yet I know that when we part, I will find a new friend and I’ll forget you. That’s life; ‘iris what iris’. But all the same, your service is well appreciated especially during this Rona time. I know some people may not see you as a friend, some actually think you are my worst enemy but in my eyes you are a friend. My heart drops when you drop. My heart skips every time I can’t find you.

Through you I can see the world. I don’t know when we will start making money hehehe!! Anyway hope we last long.

Oooooh!! I almost forgot the Tbt photos you store are one of my favourite things about you! I am looking forward to the future. May be am going to buy you some accessories, maybe! And I will try not to go behind your back and look at other Phones ha!     

Yours truly.


~Njeri Njoroge

Comments

  1. Uui! For a minute you had me getting all emotional ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaawww..this is amazing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment , we appreciate it.

Popular posts from this blog

There is always that one meetup...if not meetups.

The path that chose me

My hair raising experience, literally!