From my small room to the world


It always fascinates me how anyone could manage to pull off a simple look and have a very beautiful high quality photo up on Instagram. I follow several influencers on Instagram and most if not all, have very beautiful high quality feeds. How do they manage to do that? I have always wondered.

I have been a YouTube fan since 2019.  I enjoy the funny videos, the pranks, the couples’s channels, music, kits; I could name a whole list. Thanks to quarantine, I have grown an interest in content creation. What I didn’t know however, is the amount of work that goes into those videos, the beautiful photos on IG not forgetting tiktok videos, until the beginning of May.  I did one tiktok dance with my sister; it was exhausting. We practiced for two days and on the recording day we took almost 10 takes before we had a nice video. Editing the video is also a task. The video was less than minute but the amount of time we took to have a good video was a lot. Imagine the creators who put up 40 minute videos!

Last week I listened to Cyco Podcast . One of the speakers, a Kenyan content creator,   said you can’t compare your pictures with what some of the influencers post. They take a lot of time to prepare and take them.  I think that goes for everything. Proper preparation and planning equals good results.

I remember there was a time during this quarantine I had begun comparing myself with influencers on Instagram. What I had not realized is that there is a process. They didn’t just wake up and had all they have on their Instagram feeds and YouTube channels. It takes time.

Content creation is a career. It requires skills to make good content and get it out there as well. Social media has made it easier for people to display their content and earn from it as well.

In related news, today is World Youth Skills Day.  According to the United Nations, this day is set aside to acknowledge and celebrate the importance of equipping young people with skills for employment, decent work and entrepreneurship.

The other day I heard on the radio about a woman who lost her job due to the pandemic. She started a catering job at home and she is making money; maybe even more than her previous job.

According to Youth Cafe, actively engaging the youth in sustainable developments is vital in achieving a great society and bringing solutions to the worst threats of development in a community.

I am content creator. A growing one. I aspire to become better at it and make interesting content that will have an impact on peoples’ lives. There is a lot to learn and a lot to do, but, I am willing to take the time it takes to become better than the people I look up to.

Like the woman from the radio, we can do so much as the youth with the skills that we have. I believe if anyone has gone through the 8-4-4 system, they probably have a skill, if not a number of them.  We have the ability to make the world as colorful as we want it to be.

So what is your skill? What can you do with it to make a difference?

 

~Wairimu Njoroge

 

 

Comments

  1. Content creation for real is no joke. Great piece

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep growing Wairimu, you deserve this and much more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow ! Thank you so much ...stay tuned for more

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment , we appreciate it.

Popular posts from this blog

There is always that one meetup...if not meetups.

The path that chose me

My hair raising experience, literally!